Dear family-
Well it has been another great week. Changes are over now and we had a great week in the sector. The Reyes Saavedra family now has a baptismal date for the 27th of July; it’s a birthday present for me. Hopefully we can do our part in helping them prepare for that wonderful day. It´s been nice because now Elder Oakes and I are just working in Villa Teniente and not in the two sectors with Elder Arévalos like last change. Elder Oakes is down to 5 weeks left and we are working really hard.
Something sad for the week, my convert Carolina is now pregnant with twins; the only problem is that she isn’t married. Obviously she didn’t understand the law of Chastity too well. We warned her numerous times that her boyfriend wasn’t a good influence; she didn’t listen and look at the results. Now all we have to do is get her married with him so that the children are born in the bonds of marriage. The children deserve at least that, it will be tough because she doesn’t want to get married but we will see what happens.
It sounds like Island Park was a blast for the family, kayaks, fishing, golf…does it get any better? That’s sweet and it made me happy to know that you are happy and having a great 4th of July weekend. By the way, happy 4th of July. It is good to know that Ashton is preparing for the State Am, he will do really well, make sure to keep me updated on how he plays. Yesterday we went bowling and at the bowling alley the last week’s golf tournament was on, I only saw two groups playing, one was with Tim Herron and the other was Tom Pernice Jr and Jeff Overton. I didn’t watch much but it was the first time in 2 years that I have seen an actual event.
Elder Thorsons dad came to get him and was here over the past week, they took us out to lunch yesterday at an all you can eat buffet, it was fun and really nice to meet his dad. It’s so fun meeting parents of all the missionaries because they all are exactly how the missionaries explain them to be. His dad was hilarious and made me laugh every time I saw him.
How was church up in Yellowstone? Which meeting did you go to? How many from the family went to church? I´m sure that was a neat experience to go to church up there especially after feeling the spirit so strong from seeing all of Gods beautiful creations. Just as Alma taught in chapter 30:44-all things testify that there is a God.
So Lauren got a new car, a Subaru Impreza? Laur, ¿Por qué no abres tu propia IMPREZA? (Impresa). That’s awesome Lauren, and congrats for buying it alone, that’s honestly a great accomplishment.
I´m sure it was fun for ya´ll to have all of the young men and young women over the other night for a movie night, I am sure it reminded you of the old days when all of our friends would go to the house. Mom I know you are such a wonderful leader for them and that they look up to you so much for all you do for them. Thanks for magnifying your calling and serving the Lord. Thanks Grams for sending me your emails, the forwarded ones with the pictures and quotes were so funny, I couldn’t stop laughing and It made me really excited to reminisce with you. Thanks for your example, love and support. Also Nana and Papa, thanks for everything, I love hearing that you are doing well, I can´t explain how happy that makes me. Just know that I love and miss you and I am so anxious to see you.
It sounds like the show is doing well, Dad your efforts continue to impress me. Keep up the hard work and just as the Savior taught in John 5:17- up until now my father works, and I work. I will continue to follow your great example, your efforts will continue to pay off due to your obedience and diligence to the Lords commandments. Also Mamma thanks so much for your example of strength and valiance. I love you guys so darn much.
Well about the twins, their father did come on Wednesday and they met up for a few hours. He arrived here to Chile at about 8:30 in the morning; they got together at 10:00 a.m. They talked until 12:00 ate lunch and at 1:00 p.m he headed to the airport to catch his flight. He didn’t come to mess around, they had a good conversation and He made the decision that he needed to go home. On Friday night he took his flight home. Sad but definitely a scary and traumatizing experience.
Thanks for informing me that Asher has a girlfriend, Emily, that’s awesome and please remind him that he promised me he would be married by the time I get home. Send him my love. Mom you also mentioned that you are getting into hiking a little more, that’s awesome and we will have to go on a few hikes when I get home. The last couple of days Elder Oakes and I have had to run for a few emergencies that occurred where we had to run to the car which was a ways away. It killed me and I am definitely out of shape. This week I received letters from Jan Heriford and it was so good to hear from her, Please contact here ASAP and let her know how grateful I am. I love and miss them so much. I also received an email from Sister Cami Slade, it is always good to hear from her and how she is doing. She always writes such inspiring emails, the next time you see her tell her thanks and that I will write her soon.
Well I finished Alma this week and it was great to learn from that book once again. I learned so much this time but the main thing I learned was how to strengthen a stewardship. I love the story of Alma and the sons of Mosiah and how in every city where they entered they left each place stronger than the way they found it. What a blessing it has been to learn such a marvelous principle. I was also reading this week from the Ensign, I love all of the talks from our living prophets and leaders in the church. As Elder Cooks topic sadi, we must "Give heed unto the Prophet’s words." One of the discourses that I really enjoyed and that really stuck out to me was by Dean R. Burgess. It´s called "do you know who you are?" As I have thought about who I am, many times it has come to my mind that I am a son of God. We have a loving Heavenly Father that cares for us, he desires that we be as he is and he has given us the tools necessary to do so. One of the tools necessary is the FAMILY. Just as he mentioned that he was the son of Reid Burgess, I am the son of Bob and Kelly Casper, I am the brother of Ashton, Lauren, Cole and Harrison and as each day goes by you all give me the desired to honor my family and priesthood which I hold. I feel blessed to be a part of such a family.
I am overwhelmed daily by the amount of love that my Father in Heaven has for me. He truly loves each and every one of us and the most important part of knowing who we are is that we must share that knowledge with other people so that they might understand the same about themselves. Brother Burgess mentioned something very important in this talk, he said: "Knowing, believing, and understanding the mission of the Savior helps us know who we are." What an amazing love that our Father in Heaven has for us that He gave His only begotten Son so that if we believe in Him we may have everlasting life. I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior; He loves us and is always there to help us. He knows who we are and what we can become. May we all allow others to know who we are by the way we live our lives.
I love you all so very much and I am so grateful for your examples, not only to me but to all those that come into contact with you. Work hard, study hard and continue to be great examples by living the Gospel. I love you and until next week...
1-4-3-4,
Elder Mason Casper



No comments:
Post a Comment