Dear Family-
Hey guys how are ya´ll doing? How are summer and the blistering heat? It´s still cold here and I cannot wait for it to warm up just a little bit. The only problem with the cold climate here is that it never snows, its always rain so its just not the same as Utah. But all is well here in Chile and the mission is doing well.
Last month wasn´t a good baptizing month for the mission, we only had 34 which is the least amount of the year. But the good this is that last year a good month for us was 34-40 and a bad month was 20 but now a bad month is 34-40 and a good month up around 55-60. We have come a long way and I feel so very blessed to be a part of this mission and to learn from all things here in Chile, both the good and the bad. I have learned so much over the past two years and I am so grateful for the privilege that I have had to be here and serve with these wonderful people. I feel focused on my mission and I still don’t see the end of the tunnel. It's all just normal even with Elder Oakes going home. He continues to work hard and has been a true example of dedication and love for the Lords work. Just so you know he has served in the office for a year as Secretary, Historian and Assistant, he is amazing.
Our sector is growing and this week it was hard to get to the sector due to a few meetings and special divisions that we have had. The Reyes Saavedra family isn´t doing too well and unfortunately I think we are going to have to leave them because they aren´t willing to make the changes necessary. Aileen is great and continues to grow and progress in the Gospel, she goes to seminary and mutual and she has become great friends with a few of the teenage girls in the branch. Her brother Pablo had a interview with President Ahumada on Wednesday because he has been wanting to have one and also because she wants him to baptize her. He needs to clear up a few things so we had to postpone her baptismal date and it will not be next Saturday. We still do not know what day it will be because Pablo is trying to do his part to be worthy and he is also getting his papers for the mission. I honestly love their family so much and I feel like they are part of our family. I will inform you when she will be baptized.
It sounds like Sissy & Grams are doing well, and that they are going to be working in the same office. Tell grams congratulations for her job, and that I love her dearly. Also, fill me in on the tryout with Sissy for American Idol, or if she even got the chance to tryout. I am sure she is getting really excited to move in to her new apartment and to start school, that’s awesome that she received that new internship from that graphic arts company and that will be a huge blessing while she is studying that in school. I was shocked by all the wedding announcements that you received this past week, it’s amazing how fast time goes and to think that a few more of my friends will be married in August. Elder Martínez my companion from Argentina got married on the 24th of July and he sent me his invitation, he is happy and his wife waited two years for him to return home. It is a little weird to think, that is the next step in life, studies and marriage.
On Monday, we had our weekly meeting with President Resek and it went really well, we are almost finished with all of the changes. It has been a trial trying to figure out who will be my next companion and president said on Monday that usually it is very clear in his mind who will be the next assistant, but this time no. We talked a lot about the missionaries and my future companions will both be Latin, which will be awesome for me. One of them is from Puerto Rico and the other from Uruguay. The funny thing is that Elder Del Guercio from Uruguay trained Elder Rosales from Puerto Rico and they are going to be companions again, that will be fun and I am stoked. Elder Rosales lived in Tennessee for 12 years and speaks English fluently. They are both amazing missionaries and it will be great to be with them for my last change. Elder Rosales will be coming to the office on Wednesday night and Elder Del Guercio will be coming on Monday in the normal change. We are also going to have a new Secretary and a new commissary so there will be four new office elders along with Elder Latimer and I. It will be a great change and we will be very busy this last change.
Mom it sounds like you had a blast over the past week with the boys and all of the activities that you did. Timpanogas cave...I totally understand where Cole is coming from, it is a long hike. Tell Cole and Harrison that I love them and congratulate them for that achievement. Its crazy that school is only 3 weeks away, I swear that summer goes by faster and faster each year, especially when you aren’t there. Dad it sounds like San Diego was a good trip, that Taylormade has come out with a few new clubs, and attire, that is neat and it will be fun to see it all. How is the show doing? Please let me know, and always remember that God will bless you due to our obedience as a family to his commandments and I know that is true.
President and the Resek family are doing great, we had Zone Leader counsel on Friday and it was good to get together and see how we are doing as a mission. Last month wasn´t that great of a month, and for that reason we have council meetings, to learn, teach and reach a conclusion of what we need to do in order to better the Lords work. It was a good meeting.
Sister Resek wrote me a really nice letter on Friday and it helped me a lot. I feel so blessed to be able to work with them and to learn so much about how I want to be in the future. I will miss them so much but I will always remember the valuable teachings I have received from them.
This week is going to be another crazy one with all of the ending missionaries going home and also with 3 of the 4 new office elders coming to the office. Please keep us in your prayers and pray for us to be able to find new people to teach. We will do our part by searching to find them. Also don’t only pray for the missionaries, but also do as Elder Bednar taught in Aprils conference by being "full time finders." While we as missionaries are full time teachers, share your testimonies with those you come into contact with, especially you dad, you deal with non members all of the time, share your testimony and invite them to listen to the missionaries. I will be doing the same thing within 8 weeks and I know how it is to be a missionary and to not have the cooperation of the members, help them out and I promise that you will be blessed. I love you guys with all of my heart and I can't wait to hear from you next week. Have a great week, work hard, study hard and do what is right and you will be blessed.
1-4-3-4,
Elder Mason Casper



1 comment:
We are so proud of you. I a so grateful that your dad set up the blog so that we could read your letters ad feel of the great man you are becoming. ike and I talk about you a lot and can't wait to love on you. I remember at the end of my mission working harder than I had ever worked. Not wanting to leave any stone unturned. You are a good missionary and not only will you be blessed for it, but also those around you. We love you.
Post a Comment