Dear precious family-
Hey people, how are you doing? Just to let you know Dad I called Umberto Montero today and talked to him about everything. The missionaries from Rengo are going to his house tomorrow at 7:30 P.M. to help him out with the instructions of his machine. He sounds like a nice person and he was very grateful for the help.
Is Mom okay? I understand why you hadn´t told me before, but please inform me on such things. Thanks for letting me know and I will surely have you in my prayers Mamma. How is everybody´s health?
To start things off, it has been a great week, all of the new missionaries arrived and it was a big group of 14. They all are great and it will be fun to translate for president again for the Zone Conferences. As I always say and as it continues to surprise me that each new transfer the missionaries arrive better prepared especially in the language aspect. The Lord truly does bless us with the gift of tongues and I am so very grateful for the gift that my Father in Heaven has given me and allowed me to develop as I have served him here in Chile. There is a scripture that has always helped me understand how blessed I truly am to have these wonderful gifts and it´s found in (Alma 9:21) which reads the following: " Having been visited by the Spirit of God; having conversed with angels, and having been spoken unto by the voice of the Lord; and having the Spirit of prophecy, and the Spirit of revelation, and also many gifts, the gift of speaking with tongues, and the gift of preaching, and the gift of the Holy Ghost, and the gift of translation;" I remember once while reading this scripture I was overwhelmed by the Holy Ghost and I felt the confirmation from the Lord that He truly has given me such wonderful spiritual gifts and in only two years He has permitted me to develop these gifts.
Yesterday we had a welcome party for all of the new office elders at the mission home and it was a blast. As usual an Argentine BBQ and a killer ping pong tournament. It wasn´t my day for ping pong and everybody was walking all over me. Last night at 6:30 we headed up to Santiago to my old sector and the sector where Elder Del Guercio recently came from for the baptisms of two families. Five people were baptize and there was a great spirit in the midst. I also got to see the Facondi family that Elder Roman and I baptized. I think I told you a few weeks ago that Cristian the father is now the Elders quorum president and their son is the Deacons quorum president. Well, I got to see them and they told me that this week they will find out if all of the adoption papers went through and if it is final. Last week they went to the Temple to do baptisms for the dead and Joanna told me that they are planning on the 15th of September as their sealing date. I can't even express in words how excited I was to hear that and even more thrilled to know that it´s probable that will still be here in chile. Please keep them in your prayers so that all will go well so that they may be sealed as an eternal family. The Facondi family…it will be highly appreciated.
Well just two quick things about when you come down here to Chile. I need to know something ASAP about what your thoughts are on staying with the Mason´s in their apartment? Sister Mason offered on Tuesday that we could stay in their apartment while you are here in Chile. Elder Thorson and his father did when he came to pick him up and also the Oakes family did while they were here. They would love to have us and it would be a great experience. Just let me know what you thoughts are. Also about my school schedule, I just want to know if there is any way that you could sign me up for a political science class? It´s a general class but I think it would be really neat to have that class and to learn more about everything that is taking place as of now in the United States.
The mission is doing great. This week we are planning to have 25 baptisms and from what it looks like we will be having at least 20 of those, which is another great week for the mission. This month will be the highest baptizing month of the year currently for our mission. We are progressing and I am blessed to be a part of the Lord marvelous work. President and Sister Resek go out of town to a mission presidents seminar on Tuesday and they will return on Saturday. Starting the 27th of August we begin the zone conferences and we will be talking a lot about the Doctrine of baptism which will be very interesting.
Over that past week we have found a lot of time in the sector and the Lord has blessed us for doing so. I love working in the sector and doing my part in sharing this marvelous message with these wonderful people here in Chile. It should be another great week for us in the mission and in the sector. Our branch is doing great and we have branch conference in two weeks. We are going to do a fireside with President Resek. The branch president is going to speak on the Apostasy and President Resek is going to speak on the Restoration. It will be great and we hope to have a good turnout.
Well Thanks for everything. I am so grateful for your examples and I cannot express the amount of love I have for each and everyone of you. Thanks for everything and make sure to tell everybody that I love them. Have a great week and always remember that when we obey we are blessed and that is why obedience is the first law in heaven. I love you, I love you, I love you.
1-4-3-4,
Elder Mason Neill Casper



No comments:
Post a Comment