My dearest family-
As you all have said, I am also shocked by how fast the time is going. Things are going great and the Lord is blessing us here in the mission. How are thing back at home? Before I forget please make sure to tell little harry HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I can’t believe that he is ten years old now, wow doesn´t the time just fly? Harrison, I love you so much and I am so excited to see you in a month and to be able to hang out and play with you. Thanks for everything you do buddy and I hope you had a great birthday.
Yesterday we had a fun p-day activity… we went paint balling and it was a blast, we only played for about 20 minutes and we all had 100 paint balls. The teams were Elder Latimer, Hall and I against Elder Rosales, Del Güercio and Pallas. Our team won and the last two standing were Elder Hall and I. I started the final round with 5 paint balls and finished with one left and I shot Elder Hall with my fourth paint ball. I had so much fun and make sure to tell Tommy that once I get home we are going to go play.
On Wednesday we started the zone conferences and the other one this week was on Friday. They went great and there was a lot of interaction and practices. We focused on Chapter 11 of Preach My Gospel about the commitments and our responsibility as missionaries to invite people to come unto Christ. The area presidency has invited us under the direction of Elder Scott to as 4 words to our purpose as missionaries, they are "FOLLOW THE LORD AND...invite all people to come unto Christ through faith in Jesus Christ and his atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost and enduring to the end." It is a great addition and it’s only to use in our district meeting, personal and companionship studies and zone conferences. It is only to remind us that first we need to become more like Christ through his atonement and in addition and naturally we receive desires to invite people to come unto Christ because we understand the Atonement and we recognize the change of heart that we have had. I have reflected these four words over the past few days and it has helped me to try and invite others to come unto Christ and it has become clearer to me, the importance of first understanding the Gospel and having a testimony and then sharing it with others. Just as President Monson said: "Concerning ones testimony, that which is willing shared is kept, while that which is selfishly kept is lost, teach and testify there is no better combination." I remember sharing that quote in my farewell talk and it has always stuck with me.
Elder Pallas was very grateful for the email that he received, thanks a lot for your love and support and he also sends his love and gratitude. It was weird having to say goodbye to a lot of the missionaries this week at zone conferences, knowing that I probably won’t ever see them again. Each and every one of them has had a special impact on my life, they have all been great examples to me and I love them all so much. Elder Del Güercio and Elder Rosales are great and continue to teach me so much, I will surely miss having companions to be with 24/7 but I will have my friends and family at all times which is a wonderful assurance. Also I would love if you could send my companions a letter. Mom and Dad you can write Elder Rosales (elderchile@myldsmail.net) in English because he is from the United States but his parents are from Costa Rica, and for Elder Del Güercio (edelguercio@myldsmail.net) Lauren will have to write him in Spanish, he is also from Uruguay. They are great companions and I feel very blessed to have them as my companions. If you could express to them how much they mean to me and the wonderful examples and faithful leaders they are I would surely be grateful.
Well that’s about it for the week, other than that I still don’t know if the Family Facondi is going to the temple on the 15th. But the reason they want to go before you get here and it wouldn’t be just to ask them to postpone their date is because my companion Elder Roman that was with me at the time they were baptized goes home with me and flies out on the 21st of September. He wouldn’t be able to go, but who knows maybe they will have to postpone and we would have the opportunity to see them sealed together, wow, I can’t even imagine. I would love that so much, please keep them in your prayers.
Here are a few things about your visit here to Chile:
1. Its not a problem if we stay with the Masons
2. I won´t be able to pick you up at the air port because that is one of presidents restrictions
3. There is a bishop in the mission that makes handmade suites and whenever general authorities come to Chile they always call him and order suites, so YES I am going to have him make me a suit
4. If you could also bring one of the scripture marking pencils that have various colors, Maria Isabel´s daughter would love one.
I have already asked for the copper art and the scripture covers. Is there anything that you would like me to look for?
3. There is a bishop in the mission that makes handmade suites and whenever general authorities come to Chile they always call him and order suites, so YES I am going to have him make me a suit
4. If you could also bring one of the scripture marking pencils that have various colors, Maria Isabel´s daughter would love one.
I have already asked for the copper art and the scripture covers. Is there anything that you would like me to look for?
This week will be another good week, we have the last two zone conferences and also we have pre-interviews. Could you please let me know at what time you will be arriving on Sunday the 21st and what day we will be leaving and at what time? I love you guys so much and I am so very grateful for the love and support you show for me, thanks for helping me have the desire to preach this marvelous Gospel and help others to come unto Christ. It's what I love to do and I will always do it. Until next week, have faith, study hard, work hard and do what the Lord expects and you will be blessed.
1-4-3-4,
Elder Mason Neill Casper



No comments:
Post a Comment