Mission Letters & Experiences

This blog was created to share letters from Elder Mason & Hermana Lauren Casper as they serve their missions for our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Elder Casper is currently serving in the Chile Rancagua Mission and Hermana Casper is serving in the Paraguay Asuncion North Mission. Enjoy!

Monday, September 8, 2008

Elder Casper 9/07/2008

Dear family-

Well it has been another great week, we finished up with the zone conferences and we have been truly blessed this week in the sector and in the whole mission. In August we finished the month with 53 baptisms and it was a huge progress for us.

One thing before I forget; President Jimenez received his implants yesterday, please be sure to let Elder Oakes, Elder Thorson, and all of the others who collaborated with this wonderful project know that he received the screw in implants. Yesterday they operated on him and put the screws into his bone, in 3 weeks they will screw in the permanent implants and they will never be removed again. It has been a remarkable blessing for President Jimenez and the Lord will pour blessings upon all those that collaborated. President is so grateful and always says: "I don’t know how to thank you." I cant wait for you guys to meet him and feel of the tender spirit that surrounds him.

This week we were able to teach Luz María and Matías and they accepted a baptismal date for the 11th of October. We don’t have any baptismal dates planned for when you guys come, although I would love for you to be here to see a baptism, but it didn’t turn out that way. I am still not sure about the Facondi Family and the last I heard is that they weren’t going to make it for the 15th of September, maybe it will be a week later and we will be able to go as a family with their family, please keep them in your prayers.

Yesterday we played soccer and basketball at one of the chapels here in Rancagua. At 5:30 Elder Latimer and I took Sister Resek up to Santiago for a stake conference yesterday and on the way up she said: "Elder Casper you need to write down in your agenda, the first week of October of 2010 we need one free day so that when President and I go to Salt Lake for General Conference." It made me so happy and I cant wait to be able to spend time with them after not seeing them for a couple of years. I cannot express how blessed I am for the wonderful experience that I have had to work along side them in this marvelous work of the Lord.

Tell Grams thanks for the e-mail that she wrote, it was great to hear from her and to feel of the warm Spirit that she carries. When she told the story about Harrison doing gymnastics the other night I couldn’t help but laugh and just picture it in my mind. I cannot wait to see those little stinkers and to spend time with them.

We received some heartbreaking news yesterday from Elder Hudsons family, I lived with him in the MTC and we are going home together. His sister was in a car accident and is in critical condition, they don’t know if she is going to live. She is on respiration machines and they had to crack her skull because of the swelling that is taking place. She has been in a coma for 2 days and it is a really sad story especially with him out here with only 14 days left. It also broke my heart to hear about Tammy Richardson, I was shocked to receive that information and what surprised me is that it was a stroke at such a young age. It made me happy that you went to visit her and that Dad gave her a silent blessing. One thing that I love about dad is his confidence in the authority which he holds, he has always been such a powerful priesthood holder and an absolute example in all ways.

Today in Elders quorum we were talking about blessings and one of the brethren mentioned that as fathers we are allowed to give Fathers blessings. It was interesting to see the reaction from some of the brethren in not even knowing that a Fathers blessing existed. I leaned to one of the brethren and said: "My dad gave me Fathers blessing all the time, at the start of each school year and in any situation necessary." I can truly testify that the fathers blessings that you have given me dad have been a constant guide and protection for me, I know that through your worthiness to the priesthood you have given each and every one of us as your children many fathers blessings that have blessed our lives and helped us to make good decisions.

Also today in the sacrament meeting one of the sisters that recently had her second child about 4 months ago, asked me to bless her daughter. The father isn’t a member of the church and it caught me off guard when she asked if I could please give her daughter her baby´s blessing. It was a neat experience, I felt very strongly the spirit and his guidance. I cant even imagine giving my own children their baby blessing, wow, what a privilege it will be. Well that’s about it for the week, it has been a wonderful week and it was great to finish it with fast and testimony meeting. Tammy is in my prayers, send my love to the family.

I also ordered the suit from the bishop and it will turn out great, I went and picked out a really pretty fabric with him on Friday, there were a lot of really gorgeous fabrics but the majority of them were really expensive, I found one that I really like and if will be ready on the 17th of September. Well have another great week, work hard, study hard and do what is right and you will be blessed. I am stoked to see you all and to be able to GO TO THE FATHER/SON CHALLENGE in December. That will be so fun as a family.

Well guys until next week, I love you with all of my heart. You are the greatest. I love you. I love you, I love you.

Love,

Elder Mason Neill Casper

No comments: