Mission Letters & Experiences

This blog was created to share letters from Elder Mason & Hermana Lauren Casper as they serve their missions for our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Elder Casper is currently serving in the Chile Rancagua Mission and Hermana Casper is serving in the Paraguay Asuncion North Mission. Enjoy!

Monday, January 7, 2008

Hermana Casper 1/07/2008

HEY YOU GUYS!

WHAT´S NEW? WHAT´S UP? YOU LOOK AND SOUND GREAT! COLEY…GOOD JOB BUDDY! YOU BIG WEBELOW YOU! AND AS FOR MY CAR…IT LOOKS GREAT! LOVE THE RIMS! Even though I absolutely love cars, and they are truly a blessing, i´ve come to realize that if I can travel in bus each and every day, anyone can! I´ve really come to love it! But…it will be nice to have something to get around quicker in. We´ll all share it! (I think i´ll feel a lot more comfy driving in it with bigger tires instead of 2 inch thick ones!)

WELL…it was an absolutely amazing week! I LOVED IT! The hermana and I have truly been working hard in a lot of different areas. AND WE ARE BEING SO VERY BLESSED! We saw a miracle with one of our investigators named Luz…i think I told you a little bit about her. She´s the one that we met one Sunday, the very last contact that I did. We were in a rush to get everything finished and I practically ran after her to invite her to church. She was so sweet, and I loved her from the Start and asked us when we could go to visit her. TO MAKE A LONG STORY SHORT…we´ve been visiting her for quite a few weeks now. She´s had some major trials…her dad is hard core jehovah´s witness and her brother goes to an evangelical church. THEY ARE BOTH VERY DEVOTED TO THEIR CHURCHES. Her mom somehow got a hold of the book of mormon…read it and absolutely loved it, but never told her daughter about it. Anyhow, she´s had everything against her in gaining a testimony of Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon. (The reason being, a few years back she went to a church here that devoted all of their preaching time to bashing on the book of mormon and Joseph Smith, leaving her with a bad taste in her mouth about it all and being VERY mislead.) Anyhow, she first gained a testimony of the book, but still had small doubts about the Prophet. On Saturday, we left her with the task of reading, pondering and praying about Joseph Smith, and if the Lord wanted her to get baptized. SHE DID JUST THAT! She did her prayer befote reading, and asked the Lord about whether or not she should be baptized in the Church of Jesús Christ. When she opened to read what we had left her in 3 Nephi 11, about christ coming to the Americas, she fell upon the part about the baptism. The Lord answered her prayer instantly and exactly how He knew she would be able to recognize and accept it. WE WERE SO HAPPY! After that, I asked her if she had asked the Lord about Joseph Smith being a true prophet (that being the biggest doubt for her to overcome). She replied, "There´s no point in wasting my time. If this book is true, the prophet who wrote it has to be. I know that Christ came to the Americas, and the Lord has shown me so." CAN YOU IMAGINE WHAT IT FELT LIKE TO HEAR THOSE WORDS COME FROM HER MOUTH? PURE JOY, EXCITEMENT AND GRATITUDE OVERCAME ME AS I HEARD THESE WORDS. It just goes to show…the Book of Mormon is the greatest book ever. It changes our lives. It makes us want to better, and every question or doubt that we will ever have in this life, is answered through its perfect words.

Sorry for such a long rendition of the story…but it´s something that I will never forget. IT WAS AMAZING! She will be getting baptized this week, on Wednesday. Pray for her, and the temptations that might come. AND FOR EACH ONE OF OUR INVESTIGATORS.

I have some announcements to make…HAPPY 11TH BIRTHDAY COLEY BOLEY ON THURSDAY! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH BUDDY! ALSO…HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BF SHELL BELL! ON THE 15TH! ALSO…I´M A MONTH LATE, AND I HAVE JUST FORGOTTEN EVERY WEEK TO MENTION IT, BUT HAPPY 2 YEARS ASH AND LACE! I´M SO HAPPY FOR YOU GUYS! (FEEL FREE TO START TRYING TO HAVE KIDS! I´LL BE YOUR BABYSITTER! PLEASE!) ALSO…PLEASE THANK GRAMMS, NANA AND PAPA, AND SARAH FOR THE CHRISTMAS PRESENTS. GRAMMS…YOU´LL NEVER KNOW HOW MUCH I LOVED MY PATRIARCHAL BLESSING. IT´S SUCH A TREASURE. AS FOR SEBS…YOU KNOW I LOVE MAC! AND IT COULDN´T HAVE BEEN MORE PERFECT! ( I FEEL LIKE A GIRL AGAIN!)

PLEASE SEND MY LOVE TO ALL…THE CASPER FAM, THE RICHARDSONS, MEG, KELL, ASH AND LACE, ALL!!! I LOVE EACH OF YOU AND I´M SO DARN PROUD OF YOU!

Mommy and Daddy…I haven´t bought the nativity scenes yet, but i will be doing that very soon. THERE WILL BE NO PROBLEM WITH THAT…DON´T WORRY! Also, I´m so happy for you and that you were able to go the past week to the temple. Like I promised…WE WILL SEE INCREDIBLE MIRACLES AND BLESSINGS IN OUR FAMILY FOR YOUR ATTENDANCE. Don´t you even worry, we´ll be going lots when I get home! I would also love to work there!

ALL IS GREAT! Just pray lots for us…that we will be able to find the Lord´s sweet children that are waiting for us. KEEP READING, PRAYING AND STUDYING EVERY SINGLE DAY. Is bergie there yet? Send her my love, hugs and kisses! I can´t wait to be her roomie! And meg, let her know I love her. And please call mumford to see what´s up with her…is she dating someone? Let her know I love her and want to hear from her!

I LOVE YOU SO DARN STINKIN´MUCH IT´S NOT EVEN FUNNY!

1434 and more than the many sit-ups and jumping jacks that I did this week! (I´m really trying and starting to feel lots better! Also, starting to love exercising…thanks to my beautiful mommy and her example!)

Lars.

No comments: