Mission Letters & Experiences

This blog was created to share letters from Elder Mason & Hermana Lauren Casper as they serve their missions for our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Elder Casper is currently serving in the Chile Rancagua Mission and Hermana Casper is serving in the Paraguay Asuncion North Mission. Enjoy!

Monday, November 19, 2007

Elder Casper 11/19/2007

Family-

Well its been another great week. We didn’t have much time in the sectors this week because we were doing a lot of stuff to get ready for an activity that we had yesterday. We still have 3 baptismal dates scheduled for Esteban and the two kids Matias and Genesis. I love this marvellous work and I am so grateful for the time I have left to serve. I talked to one of the Hermanas that went home 4 weeks ago and she looked at me and said, Elder Casper how lucky you are, you still have 11 months to share the restored gospel. It blew me away and helped me to understand how great of a blessing it really is to share the restored gospel with these wonderful people in Chile.

Elder Román and I are doing well and we had a good week and we are really excited for this week to come. I cannot believe that we are already in week 5 of this change… the time is going too fast. This week to come we have interviews with President Resek and i'm straight up stoked. The guy nourishes me spiritually every time I talk to him its incredible. But Dad to respond to your question, I feel that my Spanish is getting worse because Elder Roman knows how to speak quite a bit of English so I am trying to help him out and I fell that my Spanish is going down, but that’s all good...all I can do to help my companion.

We had an zone activity this morning and we played soccer and had a BBQ, it was fun and is always good to get out and play sports. I mean I would much rather play golf than soccer but lets be honest…is it possible? No its not!

Well I was pondering a lot on Wednesday about kirk getting home, i'll be honest it made me way trunky, but at the same time really sad. I can't imagine the day when people call me MASON in stead of ELDER CASPER, I will cry. I received the email from Lauren and felt the spirit so strong. I filmed a little today and then watched a little of the last family video that you sent me. Wow, should I even make an attempt so tell you how much I love you all? Well i'll try but it can't be said in words. I love you all so much. To see your faces in pictures and to hear your voices fills my soul with the spirit of love. What is blessing it is to have eachother.

Well Dad and Mom it sounds like all is well and that work is going well for you, I hope everything is continues to go good and I know it will.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING…I can't believe that this is the last thanksgiving I will spend in the mission, I don’t want to get too trunky but let's be honest, there is nothing like spending time with the good ole fam. I hope you have a great thanksgiving while i'm here in Chile eating the same thing every day…I cant imagine eating turkey, I would be in heaven.

Well things are great here, its hotter than the curling iron that burnt me when I was 1, and I sweat constantly. Its almost summer here and tomorrow I complete 14 months in the mission. The time continues to go by fast and it seems like just yesterday I walked into the MTC doors not having a clue what I was doing. Isnt it amazing what the mission does for people?

Dad just so that you guys know, yes Camila is staying for Christmas and will be staying in Utah for 3 weeks with a 1 week visit to California, but as you said just have Asher or Kirk call…in fact have Kirk call, I want to hear what he thinks about the way Chileans speak, they speak so fast and so bad. Well I hope they hear from you this week and I talked to the Mom this week and she is so grateful that we would offer our home to her daughter. She told me that any time we need a place to stay in Chile, her house will always be available.

The mission is growing and we are being so blessed. We had zone leader counsel this week and right now we are lower in numbers than where we were in September and October but this week in our zone we set 4 more baptismal dates and it all depends on our faith as missionaries and if we are willing to give all we have to the Lord and trust in Him. Just think of the confidence that Nephi had in the Lord. Why can't we show our faith like he did? He was also young. It's something i'm working on and I hope that someday I become a man of unwavering faith. I'm thankful for all the blessings I have, especially for my Savior Jesus Christ, for His atoning sacrifice and for the faith that I have in the atonement. I'm thankful for the restoration of the gospel, for the courage and love that Joseph Smith had for our Father in Heaven to give his life for the cause of the gospel. I'm more than grateful for my loving Heavenly Father and for the family that he has givin me…you are my pride and joy and I want you all to know that I admire and love you more than you´ll ever know. Nana, Papa, Grams and all those other examples in my life. I love you all and hope you have a great week, work hard, study hard and pray hard and the Lord will bless you sufficiently.

1-4-3-4, Love,

Elder Mason Casper

No comments: