Dear Family,
Well once again the week has just flown by. It has been a rather crazy week and we have had some big last minute changes in the mission. On Wednesday President Resek got back from his seminar and we got together to have our weekly meeting and to finish the final changes for the up-coming change. When we started he told us that we were going to need a new Branch President in one of our sectors. We have four sectors with missionaries as branch presidents in the mission. The branch is a good branch with a lot of members, but there aren’t any worthy priesthood holders to take over the position. Turns out that elder Thorson has been called as the new branch president down there in Chimbarongo. Elder Adams is also leaving so that means I got a new companion again. He got here on Thursday and his name is Elder Garcia. He is from Cordova, Argentina. The Argentines from Cordova are really funny people and have really fun personalities. Well my Elder Garcia is one of those that is just ridiculously hilarious. It is going to be a blast with him.
I don’t feel completely ready to have to teach a new assistant what to do but I read the talk by President Eyring from the October conference, "God will help a faithful priesthood holder". It was a great opportunity to be able to read that and receive a peaceful feeling that everything will be okay and that Elder Garcia and I will do just fine. I feel very blessed for the opportunity that I have been given to work together with elder Garcia, it will be a great challenge and blessing for me. I love this quote: "Mercies and blessings come in many forms – sometimes as hard things". Isn´t it true...mercies and blessing usually are hard to receive and that’s what´s so great about them, they are well deserved. I am very excited and we will give all that we have to help president and the missionaries.
Yesterday we had Concilio Grande and it went really well. All the leaders in the mission accepted everything very well and president set some new focuses for us as leaders. It was a really fun experience to reinforce the focus on families and to be able to bare testimony that families really are what´s important. It strengthened my testimony in the sense that only through us as missionaries can people come to know of eternal life. Only our message of the restoration gives all people the assurance that we can live together forever. As I was thinking about this it came to my mind that we are all members of the church because of a missionary. Somewhere down the line, one of our family members was baptized by a missionary. Mission work is how we all know and have the certainty that we will live together forever. What a wonderful blessing it is to be a part of this great and marvelous work. I feel blessed beyond measure, and I know that I am doing the work of the Lord.
It sounds like all is well back home, the boys finishing up with basketball and starting with baseball. They are such little studs and I can´t wait to play around with them, but for now I´ll just play with Tommy. Tell the little boys I love and miss them. It was great to hear that Jimmy had gone to church with you, what a blessing, huh? And what a perfect topic it was this past Sunday. I love the book of Mormon and I am so very grateful for it in my life. Please send Jim and Julia my love along with Ty and Hunter. Sounds like Nana and Papa and the gang are doing well, please let them know how very much I love and appreciate them and all they do for me. I received 5 letters from Grams this week and I was impressed by her diligence in studying the scriptures and preach my gospel. Such a calming feeling came over me as I read how she has learned to recognize the spiritual impressions that she receives. Thanks Grams for studying preach my gospel and following the counsel of our leaders in the church. Keep studying it and I promise your testimony will continue to expand and grow daily. I also received letters from Mike Newbury and Meg and it was so good to hear from them. I guess Mike said he's getting ready to turn his papers in and Meg is studying and working. Please let them know that I love them and I will be sending them letters today. Mom, I also received a letter from you that also allowed me to feel of your love and spirit. You truly are the greatest Mamma in the whole wide world. Thanks so much for your example and all that you do. Dad thanks for your email and for the picture of Tiger, I printed off for president and he is totally going to dig it.
This week I had a great study out of Preach My Gospel, chapter 5 where it says to read the Sermon on the Mount from Mathew 5-7 and to read it along with 3 Nephi 12-14, and then to compare the two. I learned a ton from reading them and it truly amazes me that Christ did the exact same thing here in America with his disciples as he did with the original 12 in Jerusalem. He taught the same principles and commandments and I felt strongly the spirit in my studies and I invite you all to do the same study.
The other day president shared a scripture from Jeremiah 20:9 that talks about a testimony, and how we all have received the burning in the bosom that has allowed us to know that this is the restored gospel. It’s a great scripture and Jeremiah couldn’t deny the burning sensation that he had received or in other words his testimony of Christ.
Please send all my love and know that you are in my every thought and prayer. I love you all more than words can possibly express...your support, love and examples overwhelm me and inspire me to be better.
Thanks for everything and until next week, work hard, pray hard and do what is right and the lord will bless you.
1-4-3-4,
Elder Mason N. Casper
Well once again the week has just flown by. It has been a rather crazy week and we have had some big last minute changes in the mission. On Wednesday President Resek got back from his seminar and we got together to have our weekly meeting and to finish the final changes for the up-coming change. When we started he told us that we were going to need a new Branch President in one of our sectors. We have four sectors with missionaries as branch presidents in the mission. The branch is a good branch with a lot of members, but there aren’t any worthy priesthood holders to take over the position. Turns out that elder Thorson has been called as the new branch president down there in Chimbarongo. Elder Adams is also leaving so that means I got a new companion again. He got here on Thursday and his name is Elder Garcia. He is from Cordova, Argentina. The Argentines from Cordova are really funny people and have really fun personalities. Well my Elder Garcia is one of those that is just ridiculously hilarious. It is going to be a blast with him.
I don’t feel completely ready to have to teach a new assistant what to do but I read the talk by President Eyring from the October conference, "God will help a faithful priesthood holder". It was a great opportunity to be able to read that and receive a peaceful feeling that everything will be okay and that Elder Garcia and I will do just fine. I feel very blessed for the opportunity that I have been given to work together with elder Garcia, it will be a great challenge and blessing for me. I love this quote: "Mercies and blessings come in many forms – sometimes as hard things". Isn´t it true...mercies and blessing usually are hard to receive and that’s what´s so great about them, they are well deserved. I am very excited and we will give all that we have to help president and the missionaries.
Yesterday we had Concilio Grande and it went really well. All the leaders in the mission accepted everything very well and president set some new focuses for us as leaders. It was a really fun experience to reinforce the focus on families and to be able to bare testimony that families really are what´s important. It strengthened my testimony in the sense that only through us as missionaries can people come to know of eternal life. Only our message of the restoration gives all people the assurance that we can live together forever. As I was thinking about this it came to my mind that we are all members of the church because of a missionary. Somewhere down the line, one of our family members was baptized by a missionary. Mission work is how we all know and have the certainty that we will live together forever. What a wonderful blessing it is to be a part of this great and marvelous work. I feel blessed beyond measure, and I know that I am doing the work of the Lord.
It sounds like all is well back home, the boys finishing up with basketball and starting with baseball. They are such little studs and I can´t wait to play around with them, but for now I´ll just play with Tommy. Tell the little boys I love and miss them. It was great to hear that Jimmy had gone to church with you, what a blessing, huh? And what a perfect topic it was this past Sunday. I love the book of Mormon and I am so very grateful for it in my life. Please send Jim and Julia my love along with Ty and Hunter. Sounds like Nana and Papa and the gang are doing well, please let them know how very much I love and appreciate them and all they do for me. I received 5 letters from Grams this week and I was impressed by her diligence in studying the scriptures and preach my gospel. Such a calming feeling came over me as I read how she has learned to recognize the spiritual impressions that she receives. Thanks Grams for studying preach my gospel and following the counsel of our leaders in the church. Keep studying it and I promise your testimony will continue to expand and grow daily. I also received letters from Mike Newbury and Meg and it was so good to hear from them. I guess Mike said he's getting ready to turn his papers in and Meg is studying and working. Please let them know that I love them and I will be sending them letters today. Mom, I also received a letter from you that also allowed me to feel of your love and spirit. You truly are the greatest Mamma in the whole wide world. Thanks so much for your example and all that you do. Dad thanks for your email and for the picture of Tiger, I printed off for president and he is totally going to dig it.
This week I had a great study out of Preach My Gospel, chapter 5 where it says to read the Sermon on the Mount from Mathew 5-7 and to read it along with 3 Nephi 12-14, and then to compare the two. I learned a ton from reading them and it truly amazes me that Christ did the exact same thing here in America with his disciples as he did with the original 12 in Jerusalem. He taught the same principles and commandments and I felt strongly the spirit in my studies and I invite you all to do the same study.
The other day president shared a scripture from Jeremiah 20:9 that talks about a testimony, and how we all have received the burning in the bosom that has allowed us to know that this is the restored gospel. It’s a great scripture and Jeremiah couldn’t deny the burning sensation that he had received or in other words his testimony of Christ.
Please send all my love and know that you are in my every thought and prayer. I love you all more than words can possibly express...your support, love and examples overwhelm me and inspire me to be better.
Thanks for everything and until next week, work hard, pray hard and do what is right and the lord will bless you.
1-4-3-4,
Elder Mason N. Casper



No comments:
Post a Comment