Mission Letters & Experiences

This blog was created to share letters from Elder Mason & Hermana Lauren Casper as they serve their missions for our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Elder Casper is currently serving in the Chile Rancagua Mission and Hermana Casper is serving in the Paraguay Asuncion North Mission. Enjoy!

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Elder Casper 3/22/2008

Beloved family-

Hey, how is everyone doing? Its sounds like you all are having fun down in St. George. Cole's team didn’t have too much success but its early in the year and they will start to play better as they continue to practice.

Well it has been a crazy week. On Tuesday we had zone leader counsel at the mission home and it was awesome, the leaders were participating so much and last week was the missions best week in over 4 years. We found 311 new investigators, that's over 300, three weeks in a row now and we have 150 baptismal dates which is the highest in over 6 months. We are growing and maturing a lot as a mission and President Resek is very happy but not content. President teaches me so much, it is such a blessing to be able to work with him and see how he lives the gospel. He is a true disciple of Christ. On Wednesday we had pre-interviews again and also on Thursday. On Thursday night Juan and Carla got married and last night Juan had his baptismal interview and will be getting baptized on Sunday. The wedding was great and was really special to see the two of them married. Today we went to a place in the country called Bambi. It’s a members house, but behind her house she has like 300 acres of land and she has two big ponds and a mini water park and also a soccer field. We went there with the office elders and 2 sisters that are in our district. It was way fun and over the ponds there are zip lines. It was a blast and you will see pictures.


Well it was good to hear that Ashton qualified to play in their event this coming week, and what a great opportunity that he has to play Pebble Beach. Some day I hope to play there. Ash play well, do what you do best, just play golf. Mom and Dad, it's crazy to me that you will be heading to Paraguay here in 3 weeks. Elder Adams parents are going to pick up his sister in Brazil in 2 weeks. They are way pumped as well and in 8 weeks Elder Adams leaves and they are coming to pick him up so I will get to meet them. Its so weird to see all of my good friends from the mission leaving and knowing that Sissy will be home in 3 weeks because that honestly makes it feel like my time is running out.

On Monday I had my interview with President and we talked about a lot of stuff. About golf after the mission, school, and when I might be coming home. It is always great to get his council and I will fill you in when I have more time.

Well this coming week will be another tiring one. We don’t have any meetings for the mission but we do have pre-interviews 4 days this week. But that just means 4 lunches with president, and they are always legit lunches. We ate BBQ 2 days last week, so it will be another fun week. Elder Garcia is doing really well, but he wants one thing, could you please send he and president an autograph picture from papa, with a little dedication to each of them. They would love it if you could do it.

Something that I want for you to get me while you are in Paraguay is a leather Matte holder. They are awesome and Sister Resek has one from Argentina but they say the ones from Paraguay are better. Elder Garcia lived in Paraguay for 11 years with his dad and knows a good place in the center of Asuncion that makes really cool ones, and they do leather drawings on them as well. I will get you the directions so if you are anywhere near there you can go get one. They are sweet because they have a place for the matte, the herb and the thermos.

The family Campos was very grateful that Kelly went to dinner last Sunday with you guys. She said that you all were really nice and great people. I hope it was good for you and that you can have her over for dinner more often. She is really lonely from what they tell me.

Mom to answer your question, I haven’t heard from very many people lately. I heard from Scotty and Kirk two weeks ago. I also heard from Josh Hutchens and Elder Martinez and also from the Pickering family. But I haven’t received much lately.

Tell everyone that I love them, and that I think of and pray for them daily. Tell Nana and Papa I love them, Grams, Ashton and Lacey, Cole and Harrison, Jim and Jewlz, Tommy, Sarah, Jack and Judi, Kim and Linda, Billy and Karen, Julia, Kory and Chritian, and everyone else. Just know that I love you all.

Well to finish I will tell you all a little about my studies this week. I have set the goal to follow what it tells me in the patriarchal blessing to "Feast daily upon the words of Christ." It also says the words of our living prophets and leaders in the church, so I set the goal to read a talk from the ensign each day. In doing so I have gained a stronger testimony of many things:

1. Jesus Christ
2. God the father
3. Living Prophets and Apostles
4. Joseph Smith
5. And all topics upon which I read

It has been a great experience and will defiantly be something I continue to do. The new ensign is amazing and what greater topic than our Savior Jesus Christ. We have used it with a few investigators and it has helped them a lot in obtaining a testimony.

Mom your talk last week was awesome and I know you are helping out those girls so much in your calling. Thank you all for your examples of love and support and for all that you do for me. Keep doing what the Lord expects of you and he will always bless you. As it says in D&C 82:10, he is obligated to do so. I love you so very much and can't wait to hear from you next week. I love you, I love you, I love you.

1-4-3-4...Love,

Elder Mason Casper

No comments: