Mission Letters & Experiences

This blog was created to share letters from Elder Mason & Hermana Lauren Casper as they serve their missions for our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Elder Casper is currently serving in the Chile Rancagua Mission and Hermana Casper is serving in the Paraguay Asuncion North Mission. Enjoy!

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Elder Casper 12/10/2007

Familiy-

Hey guys whats going on? Have i ever told you how much i love you? Well it's undescribable but just so you all know i love you more than the BREAD here in chile...

Mom to answer your question, YES I did recieve my Christmas package, wow I can't even express how awesome it is getting a package. I also received one from Jimmy and Julia, thanks so much. It truly is such a great blessing and helps a lot. I loved everything you sent me and it couldn't have been better. Jim and Jewlz, thanks so much for you support and love, for the goodies and everything you gave me, all the schooling supplies will be great for some of the members in our branch.

Well to start things off it was one of the funnest weeks of my mission. Elder Martinez is so awesome and we have so much fun together. Not a minute of the day goes by when we aren't laughing. Also the other Elders that live with us are super funny too, although this week they got in an argument and Presidente Resek had to come and do a special interview with them. They almost fought, but things are all good now. But it was a hard week as far as finding and teaching goes. We didn't find a single investigator and we only taught 7 lessons. We did a ton of contacts and this coming week will be great. Yesterday we were analizing why we hadn't been able to find people, and we spoke with a ton of people. We knocked doors every day and we set up 23 appointments...but every single one of them fell through on us. Sometimes the Lord gives us trials to see how truly dedicated we are to his work, and this week was one of those weeks.

We have two baptismal dates and this coming Sunday a 26 year old named Cesar gets baptised. He is a stud and yesterday as an investigator he taught the class in priesthood meeting. It is good to be back out here in the country and to be out of the city, its so relaxed out here and I'm truly enjoying it a lot.

I also recieved in the package the pictures of you 6 at home, I love them to death and I definatly will be carrying them in my bag every day to show to those we teach. The boys are getting big and before we know it Cole will be taller than us all. I also recieved a post card that you guys sent to Lauren from Morocco but for some reason it got to me in stead of her. It was nice and I'll send it to laur. Kam Crandall also wrote me and it was awesome to hear from him, he sounds so great and now is home. It's so crazy how fast time is going, Christmas is just around the corner and in two weeks we will be talking over the phone. Next week I'll send you the number of the house where you can call me. I'm stoked to talk to all, Kirk, Kaid and the family. You truly are my pride and joy.

We had a way funny experience this week as a companionship, and Elder Martinez is helping me a lot to truly enjoy my mission and to be myself. Its been a way fun week. Well that's too bad that Camila isn't going to stay at our house. It would have been cool, but I won't be seeing her, I'm 4 hours away but I'll talk to elder Roman at Christmas and I think I'll send stuff with him to give to her to take to you guys.

Well that was our week, not too much excitment but this coming week we will see the fruits of our labors and we will have some great experiences. You all sounds great, I love and miss you all so much. I hope that your trip to paraguay goes well, AT LEAST LAUR WONT BE TRUNKY HERE IN ABOUT 4 OR 5 WEEKS. Keep her working, it's the only way to be truly happy in the mission. I love this work and I'm grateful to be engaged in it.

Have a great week and know that you are in my prayers. Pray hard, study hard and do what the Lord asks and you will be blessed.

1-4-3-4,

Elder Mason N. Casper

P.S. Sorry I didn't send pics, my batteries are dead. Also, I recieved an email from Melissa Ellis and it was really good to hear from her. love ya.

No comments: