Family-
Wow what an amazing week. First off talking with you all on Tuesday started it off and is alway a highlight for me, wow how truly blessed I am. I LOVE YOU ALL MORE THAT YOU COULD EVER IMAGINE.
Well on Thursday we had zone leader counsel and it was great. President let us have it and it was good for all of the leaders to see that the success in the mission depends on us, and that we are the ones that have to have a change in our hearts before the rest of the mission changes. On Saturday I had the experience of a life time. I was able to go to the temple to see a family sealed for time and all eternity. It wasn't one of my convert families but it was a family that Elder Hutchens and I knew very well and Elder Hutchens did their baptisamal interview. Their names are Cristian and Gladis. It was such a great experience to go to the temple and to not only be there in the temple but to see a family sealed; it was an unforgettable experience.
Elder Martinez and I were very blessed this week. It was the best week I have had in my mission and I was able to see the promised blessings of our Heavenly Father as we submit to his will and not ours. With all of the holiday activities in the mission and for the zone counsel and the temple we only worked three days out of the week. Well in three days we were able to find 16 new investigatores and we set a bautismal date with Andrea, the one that 2 weeks ago didn't believe in God. It was such a blessing and I felt the influence of the spirit so strong in my life this week. I love being guided by the spirit because as we are guided by the spirit our understanding is opened and we can do the will of our Heavenly Father.
I am so grateful for the restored gospel of Jesús Christ, and for the authority that has been given to us to be able to perform the Ordinances of Salvation. What blessings and promises we recieve as we commit ourselves and make covenants with God. He loves us and wants us to be happy, and that is why we have the gospel.
I heard a great quote from Richard G. Scott that really impressed me this week. He said "As we look for the best in others, we will find the best in ourselves." We often think that doing this is such a difficult task, and to be honest it really is, but I know that its true. One of Gods commandments is to love one another...as christ said, "If you love me, keep my commandments." What a powerful statement, and the second greatest commandment is "Love thy neighbor as thy self". Thinking of this quote by elder scott gave me the determination to look for the best in others in this up coming year, and in so doing I will find the best in myself. Its a great opportunity that we have to look for the best in others, why don't we put it to the test in 2008. I know we can do it!
I love you with all of my Heart, you're in my every thought and prayer. Keep working hard, praying hard, studying hard and looking for the best in others and the our Father in Heaven will continue to bless you.
I love you more than words can ever explain.
1-4-3-4,
Elder Mason N. Casper
p.s. Thanks grams, nana and papa, benz, ash and lace for your emails and love. Ill be writing you soon.
Mission Letters & Experiences
This blog was created to share letters from Elder Mason & Hermana Lauren Casper as they serve their missions for our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Elder Casper is currently serving in the Chile Rancagua Mission and Hermana Casper is serving in the Paraguay Asuncion North Mission. Enjoy!
Monday, December 31, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment