Mission Letters & Experiences

This blog was created to share letters from Elder Mason & Hermana Lauren Casper as they serve their missions for our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Elder Casper is currently serving in the Chile Rancagua Mission and Hermana Casper is serving in the Paraguay Asuncion North Mission. Enjoy!

Monday, December 24, 2007

Elder Casper 12/24/2007

Hola Family-

Hey ya´ll whats going on? How has your week been? Is everyone doing alright and how is your health? Well fill me in tomorrow when we talk...

Well just so you all know, tomorrow at 4:30 is alright, its a little early but its all good, anything for Lauren because it is her last phone call home as a missionary. Also I am going to repeat the number that you can call tomorrow. (56072821520) if that one doesnt work you'll just have to call (5672821520) so yeah we will be talking tomorrow.

I didn't know Riggs got home, wow thats nuts that he is already home. If its possible it would be cool to talk to him also so tell Doug to bring him along. Oh and just so you know we can talk for an hour this year, president changed the rule and is going to let us talk for an hour.

Well its been a good week, we started it off with the mission activity and it was great to finish it with the confirmation of cesar and partaking of the sacrament. It was a great week, we found 4 new investigatores, not too many but the Lord is blessing us with people to teach and in a few of them we are seeing big changes and great progession. As we left a lesson the other night where we taught the family of Richard and Marcela, the spirit was strong and the lesson was great. We took Cesar with us to the lesson and he bore the most pure testimony I think I have ever heard. Every person in the house was touched by the spirit and the family of Richard and Marcela told us that they know this is true. They want to be baptised but she said that she doesn't want to be one of those people that gets baptised and 1 year later is inactive. She doesnt feel ready to do a covenant with God, but she told us on Saturday that she is going to fast next Saturday so she can have the faith to be baptised. It is truly a blessing seeing the family progress. Their daughter Barbara has gone to church the last 3 week alone and loves it. Marcela said that Barbara will be the one to help the family be baptised. It was a great lesson and seeing the change in peoples lives is the greatest blessing and CHRISTMAS GIFT ever. As we left the house Elder Martinez and I began to talk about the mission and we began to talk about the change in the family Fuenzalida. As a missionary life at times is hard, We have tough days that at times really kill ones desires to keep on keepin on. But when one sees that an investigator applies the atonement of Christ in their lives it makes all the tough times worth it. It is a great joy and I personally think that it is a small part of the eternal joy that our Father in Heaven has in store for us. It was a great week and the spirit of Christmas has touched my soul deeply.

Im grateful for the opportunity that I have to talk to you all tomorrow for an hour. I can't wait to hear your voices and feel of the spirit through the phone. The spirit is like the sun, it's in all parts and even though we will talk on the phone we will all be able to feel of the spirit of God.

Dad thanks so much for your letter, it touched me very deeply and it was the first time that I have cried reading one of my letters. How blessed we are to have eachother as a family, to have a little part of heaven in our home where we can enjoy a little part of the eternal happiness that is to come. I love this gospel, I love our Savior and I am so grateful for his birth and his atonement. May we all feel of his love and kindness as we celebrate y remember his birth. I am so grateful for the Plan of Salvation, which allows us to have a hope and purpose here on earth. And the greatest of all which is the center of the great plan of God is our Savior Jesus Christ. I know that Jesus is the Christ and I love him with all of my heart. Thanks for everyhting and I cannot wait for tomorrow when I will hear your voices and feel of your spirit.

1-4-3-4,

Elder Mason Casper

No comments: